GERE and GERE FLAT DOME are diffused lighting solutions used in the vision systems with cameras.
GERE FLAT DOME
Let’s discover where and how they are used. The GERE model is used as a backlight in order to guarantee an extremely uniform light on a surface. This allows the vision system to define optimally the outlines and transparencies of all size objects. Some applications’ examples:
- Defect detection on transparent products such as glass and plastics;
- Element presence/absence detection;
- Outline and liquid level detection;
- Object outline detection.
On the contrary, when the need is to have an illuminator in line with the camera, the GERE FLAT DOME is the ideal product. This diffused light is used in spaces with very reflecting surfaces because it can remove the reflections of the lighting system with the principle: all reflection is the same as no reflection, ensuring an optimal image acquisition. Some applications’ examples:
- Defect detection on metal products preventing the reflection;
- Diffused lighting in order to prevent shades;
- Correct detection of all kind of objects that reflect the light.
On customer’s request it is possible to customize the dimensions, colours and light power of these products.
- Maximum dimensions: up to 2x2 mt;
- Protection degree: IP 40 / IP 54;
- Optional collimating or polarizing filters;
- Continuous or strobe use;
- White, coloured, ultraviolet or infrared light.